Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Don Vito Basso

Just when I thought that I was out they pull me back in.
OK, so Michael Corleone said it, but that's how I feel these days with these dopey dopers. Now it seems that Ivan Basso says that even though he had planned to blood dope for the 2006 Tour de France, he actually never took any banned drugs or used blood transfusions.
Basso "clarified" his earlier confession at a (staged) press conference on Tuesday following his admission on Monday to the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) that he was involved in the OperaciĆ³n Puerto blood doping scandal.
"I have never taken banned substances and I have never employed blood doping," said Basso, last year's Giro d'Italia champion. "I did admit having attempted to use doping for the (2006) Tour de France and I am ready to pay the penalty for that. All my wins have been achieved in a proper and clean manner and I have every intention of returning to action and continuing with the job I love once I have paid the penalty."
Do you believe these guys?

No comments:

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Don Vito Basso

Just when I thought that I was out they pull me back in.
OK, so Michael Corleone said it, but that's how I feel these days with these dopey dopers. Now it seems that Ivan Basso says that even though he had planned to blood dope for the 2006 Tour de France, he actually never took any banned drugs or used blood transfusions.
Basso "clarified" his earlier confession at a (staged) press conference on Tuesday following his admission on Monday to the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) that he was involved in the OperaciĆ³n Puerto blood doping scandal.
"I have never taken banned substances and I have never employed blood doping," said Basso, last year's Giro d'Italia champion. "I did admit having attempted to use doping for the (2006) Tour de France and I am ready to pay the penalty for that. All my wins have been achieved in a proper and clean manner and I have every intention of returning to action and continuing with the job I love once I have paid the penalty."
Do you believe these guys?

No comments: