Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Book of Floyd

Interested in reading Bad Boy Floyd's new book, "Positively False: The Real Story of How I Won the Tour de France," due on June 26?

You can read a bit of the first chapter on the Amazon site and save about a third of the $25 cover price by ordering now.

Here are the first two paragraphs
from the opening chapter, "Breaking Away":

"I have nothing to hide.

As far as I'm concerned, people can know everything about me if they want: how much money I've made, when I've been a fool or felt regret or shed tears. I don't care. There's no reason to hold anything back. I don't feel the need to be selective in order to create some image of a person who isn't me. I'm me. That's it.

I ended up making a living in a sport where a bunch of men wear spandex and shave their legs -- and that's not even the funny part. The funny part is that cycling and its anti-doping program are run by people so incompetent they couldn't even run a Ralphs grocery store. I couldn't
always laugh about it, because they wrecked my life. But I don't ask for sympathy. I take what I'm given in life and try to make some good out of it, always."

No comments:

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Book of Floyd

Interested in reading Bad Boy Floyd's new book, "Positively False: The Real Story of How I Won the Tour de France," due on June 26?

You can read a bit of the first chapter on the Amazon site and save about a third of the $25 cover price by ordering now.

Here are the first two paragraphs
from the opening chapter, "Breaking Away":

"I have nothing to hide.

As far as I'm concerned, people can know everything about me if they want: how much money I've made, when I've been a fool or felt regret or shed tears. I don't care. There's no reason to hold anything back. I don't feel the need to be selective in order to create some image of a person who isn't me. I'm me. That's it.

I ended up making a living in a sport where a bunch of men wear spandex and shave their legs -- and that's not even the funny part. The funny part is that cycling and its anti-doping program are run by people so incompetent they couldn't even run a Ralphs grocery store. I couldn't
always laugh about it, because they wrecked my life. But I don't ask for sympathy. I take what I'm given in life and try to make some good out of it, always."

No comments: